
I think I have my mind back now. It has been three days since Lucy was born and we've been at home for two nights. Sleep is a variable thing you know?
Chanda and I keep realizing how blessed we are with this little one. She is so beautiful and calm (I know that all parents are saying that'll change, but hey, let me enjoy this time) and she has this cute way about her.

I always knew I would be a parent but I never realized what it would be like. Chanda and I kept looking at her and then say to each other "they're going to let us take her home?! What are we going to do with her?" I even asked the nurses about this and they replied that not only was I going to take her home but that I was responsible for raising her and all her needs! Whoa! ME?!
Now that she's here I can't imagine not having a child, even after three days. She doesn't sleep all night long so she's not P-E-R-F-E-C-T yet.
As I'm writing thus she is asleep on my left arm. It is a challenge to type with only one hand and please excuse any ramdom letters in my sentences.

The hardest part of this "gettin' a chil" event was labor. I know how difficult it was for me and I cannot even begin to imagine what Chanda went through.
looking at Lucy in the nursery shortly afterward was almost intoxicating (either that or we were so fatigued that we couldn't see straight.) 13 hours of labor..... how Chanda did it I don't know.
That's all for now. More labor stories and Lucy love to come.......

1 Comments:
hello, wonderful family! I just wanted to let you know, if you stop by my blog and read the comments under Lucy's picture, she meant Chanda. I just know it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home